Technical Writer II (Mechanical or Heavy-Duty Vehicle Experience Required)
Bring us your Mechanical experience and let ONEIL train you to do the rest!
- $37,000-$55,000 per year
- Working onsite
- Complete benefit package
- Flexible hours/Build your own schedule
- 8-hour workday
- 1st shift
The Technical Writer II is responsible for taking complex, technical information and translating it into an easily understandable format, per customer guidelines. The Technical Writer II will work closely with experienced writers and other internal employees to interpret contractual specifications, engineering drawings, reports, and other data to help produce technical documentation to comply with customer requirements. The Technical Writer II interfaces with customer and/or customer’s representatives throughout project, as required.
- Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is preferred
- Basic level of proficiency with desktop publishing tools is preferred
- Basic technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic, and/or aeronautical systems is preferred
- Ability to remove and install mechanical and electrical parts on small to large vehicle
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics is
- Ability to remove and install mechanical and electrical parts on small to large vehicle systems
- Ability to understand mechanical concepts and military/DoD processes
- Ability to diagnose electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and to prepare sketches to define illustration requirements; prepare illustration mark-up
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
ONEIL has been the most trusted resource for product support solutions to valuable equipment manufacturers for 75 years. Our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain. From submarines to aircraft and construction equipment to satellite communications, we‘ve documented it all. ONEIL serves customers around the world, including some of the biggest names in manufacturing, aerospace, and defense.