Technical Illustrator II
A Technical Illustrator II creates medium-to-complex technical illustrations. The Technical Illustrator II participates in technical illustration efforts, ensuring that assigned tasks are completed on time and in a cost-effective manner. This person prepares all types of illustrations or artwork in accordance with customer, Government, or company specifications.
- Plans and arranges assigned tasks under minimum supervision.
- Creates or revises intermediate to advanced technical illustrations according to customer guidelines and internal specifications.
- Creates or modifies illustrations within established guidelines and communicates status to internal personnel and the customer, if applicable.
- Identifies, documents, and communicates process improvement opportunities with supervisors and team members.
- May interact with customer during life of project.
- Generates final artwork for customer approval.
- Performs any other job-related instructions, as requested with reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- Certificate from a vocational school or technical school in Illustration or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience or specialized training in technical illustrations or CAD based software training is required.
- Adobe Photoshop, Photopaint, and pseudo-vector graphics software (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Iso Draw) experience is preferred. Basic to intermediate proficiency level using/understanding CAD software, such as Unigraphics, Solidworks, Catia, 3DVIA, Creo, and Teamcenter Vis Professional, is preferred.
- Experience understanding and effectively reading 2D engineering drawings; identifying basic hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical components and their systemic functions; and identifying basic hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical schematic symbols is required.
- Experience understanding and applying isometric projection principles is required.
- Experience reading engineering prints, photographs or other source material is required.
- Experience using software and networks and storing/sharing files is required.