Senior Systems Analyst
An open invitation to anyone who values the human experience.
Looking for your next chapter or the start of an extraordinary journey? Come to ONEIL, where individuals unite to make product support information better. Here, you’ll do more than join a team – you’ll add value to our customers’ most valuable products and turn user experience into a human experience.
We bring amazing people together to make product support solutions easier to use, reimagining the way humans interact with information, technology, and software. We are a diverse group of thinkers and doers, continuously striving to improve how product information is created, documented, and used. This drive is what keeps us up at night. And if it sounds like your calling, then call us. Tell us why we need you. Better yet, help us help others.
Join ONEIL where the employee experience is as innovative as the customers and products we support. For every solution we deliver, we consider the impact on the customer, the end user, and our legacy. As the premier provider of product support solutions, our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain.
And we won’t stop until we’re the most trusted resource for product support solutions to equipment manufacturers.
The Systems Analyst II will help manage internal and/or external customer requirements from inception to delivery. This person may act as the customer liaison during the product lifecycle for software- and technology-related issues. This person must work with key development personnel, including quality specialists, and other functional areas of the company to identify, create, document, manage, and adhere to requirements.
The Senior Systems Analyst manages internal and/or external customer requirements from inception to delivery. This person also acts as the customer liaison during the product lifecycle for software- and technology-related issues. This person works with key development personnel, including quality specialists, and other functional areas of the company to identify, create, document, manage, and adhere to requirements. The Senior SA assists management in leading projects, the team, and training department personnel.
- Interface with customer, government, or industry representatives.
- Analyze user needs, workflow, and problem areas to define user requirements.
- Define design, implementation, architecture, maintenance, and support requirements through analyzing documentation, business logic and processes, data processing, information structuring, existing systems/software, and computer system capabilities.
- Prepare multiple design alternatives with trade-off analysis.
- Help define, implement, and evolve a product or product family, keeping current with technology and the company’s strategic business goals
- Create functional/non-functional software requirements specifications and use cases/user stories.
- Conduct product backlog enhancement/defect reviews, release planning meetings, and requirements and design reviews.
- Review accuracy of new or modified software and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with specified requirements.
- Troubleshoot existing applications to identify and validate software bugs and recommend solution requirements.
- Develop and maintain end-user support and/or training documentation.
- Contribute to Software Development Lifecycle process improvements.
- Help ensure continual movement of assigned effort through the various SDLC stages until completion.
- Work closely with project team and management to ensure methods and standards are adhered to and program requirements are met.
- Prepare and/or participate in customer demos and presentations.
- Help mentor and train other team members.
- Lead assigned projects.
- Perform other job-related instructions, as requested, with reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, electronics engineering, or related degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Four to six (4-6) years of practical analytical experience that includes the full software development life cycle is preferred.
- One to two (1-2) years of programmatic/software development experience in technological disciplines (i.e., enterprise database development [SQL Server, Oracle, etc.], object-oriented programming [Java, .NET], GUI development [client or web-based], markup languages [HTML, SGML, XML], or information structuring and publishing [DTD, FOSI, XSL development]) is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint is required.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or similar product is preferred.
- Experience in virtual work environments is required.
- Strong experience with full software development life cycle practices is required.
- Experience with different architectures (i.e., web, mobile, client, server) and working within these environments is required.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency creating requirements documentation (software requirements specifications, use cases, change requests, design documents, test cases, etc.) is required.
- Experience developing, implementing, and using military/aviation/commercial specifications or business rules (S1000D, ATA iSpec, MIL-STD 40051, 3008A, etc.) is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in markup languages (XML, SGML, or HTML) is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency level of requirement disciplines or software development methodologies (ISO, RUP, CMMI, SCRUM, Agile, etc.) is required.
- Government/Military Common Access Card (CAC) to work on assigned contracts and/or projects may be required.
- Handle proprietary information in a highly confidential manner.
- Complete assigned tasks cost effectively, accurately, and within established guidelines and timeframes/schedules.
- Follow established company policies and procedures and customer guidelines
- Follow through on assignments and maintain a high level of integrity
- Communicate effectively with internal and external personnel according to company guidelines; communicate project status to internal and external personnel
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently to fulfill job responsibilities
- General office environment; required to use office equipment (PC, telephone/smartphone, photocopier); required to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- May be required (on short notice) to work overtime/additional hours to meet deadlines; may occasionally require working weekends and/or holidays.
- May be required to travel by motor vehicle and/or airplane infrequently to attend customer meetings