Senior Application Engineer
An open invitation to anyone who values the human experience.
Looking for your next chapter or the start of an extraordinary journey? Come to ONEIL, where individuals unite to make product support information better. Here, you’ll do more than join a team – you’ll add value to our customers’ most valuable products and turn user experience into a human experience.
We bring amazing people together to make product support solutions easier to use, reimagining the way humans interact with information, technology, and software. We are a diverse group of thinkers and doers, continuously striving to improve how product information is created, documented, and used.
This drive is what keeps us up at night. And if it sounds like your calling, then call us. Tell us why we need you. Better yet, help us help others.
Join ONEIL where the employee experience is as innovative as the customers and products we support. For every solution we deliver, we consider the impact on the customer, the end user, and our legacy. As the premier provider of product support solutions, our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain.
And we won’t stop until we’re the most trusted resource for product support solutions to equipment manufacturers.
This person is responsible for technical design, implementation, and support of a specific area of product or technical service offering. The Senior Application Engineer also train entry- level associates. In addition, this person will work with management to identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives.
- Meet individual technical commitments and deadlines.
- Help train team members when technical assistance is necessary.
- Implement prescribed architecture and design patterns to help ensure they are in line with corporate vision.
- Develop exceptionally clean, well designed, and high-quality code consistently and efficiently according to customer guidelines.
- Implement scalable architectures and designs by applying optimal design patterns and ensuring coding best practices are implemented while adhering to established criteria.
- Act as a technical lead for specific technical assignments of a product, project, or program.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives for better efficiency.
- Research, investigate, design, and implement complex technical work assignments.
- Perform technical integration of assigned components.
- Work with team leads to ensure technical designs and architecture patterns are consistent with technical direction and are optimized for supportability and scalability.
- Think broadly about designing and developing to achieve better performance, exceptional user experience, and significant code reuse.
- Perform any other job-related instructions, as requested, with reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of four to six (4-6) years of experience in a role implementing and making key architecture design decisions, mentoring less experienced software developers and supporting successful software delivery is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience participating in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, implementation, testing, debugging, documentation, release, and maintenance), is required.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency of development domains, including, languages, frameworks, development tools, and utilities is required.
- A skilled technical problem solver who can address bugs in area of expertise.
- Completes required training or certification track.
- Translate use cases or user stories to technical solutions that provide a great user experience.
- Knowledgeable in field to skillfully perform assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill at performing job responsibilities.
- Be self-directed, resourceful and demonstrate creativity to meet job objectives and propose innovative ideas.
- Be cost-effective in completing assigned tasks accurately and within established guidelines and timeframes/schedules.
- Follow established company policies and procedures and customer guidelines.
- Complete assignments on time, which may require overtime to meet deadlines.
- Follow-through on assignments and maintain a high level of integrity.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external personnel according to company guidelines; communicate project status to internal and external personnel.
- Work proactively and efficiently to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Work independently and within a team to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.