Enjoy solving problems or have a natural talent for organizing complex information in a clear and logical way? Do you have a flare for desktop publishing and stylesheet development for both web and electronic paper output? Interested in using creativity to help drive innovation in the workplace and make information easier for the end-user?
We have the job for you!
- $54,000-$81,000 per year
- Working onsite or hybrid schedule
- Complete benefit package
- Flexible hours/Build your own schedule
- 8-hour workday
- 1st shift
The Information Architect (IA) analyzes, designs, and develops structural information solutions to support the input, output, and/or transformation of data. Individuals will utilize a variety of desktop publishing, DTD/Schema, and XML editing tools to produce the required formatted output for XML, PDF, or web.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Arts (BA) degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of experience or specialized training in desktop publishing, markup languages, and data structuring technologies with exposure to full software development life cycle practices
- Experience with composition and output of medium to complex technical publication documents
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with a variety of electronic desktop publishing systems (Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with XML or SGML publishing technologies (XSL-FO, XSLT, FOSI) and data structures (DTDs or schemas)
- Experience working with XML structured editing/publishing tools like PTC Arbortext, Adobe FrameMaker, or other similar products
- Experience and/or familiarity with implementation/development/utilization of military/aviation/commercial specifications or business rules such as S1000D, ATA iSpec, MIL-STD 40051, -38784, -38807, etc.
- Experience with data analysis and conversion of various data formats (e.g., MSWord to XML, FrameMaker to XML, SGML/XML to XML)
- Internationalization experience working with multi-language translation data sets or character sets a bonus
ONEIL has been the most trusted resource for product support solutions to valuable equipment manufacturers for 75 years. Our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain. From submarines to aircraft and construction equipment to satellite communications, we‘ve documented it all. ONEIL serves customers around the world, including some of the biggest names in manufacturing, aerospace, and defense.