Information Architect Engineer
An open invitation to anyone who values the human experience.
Looking for your next chapter or the start of an extraordinary journey? Come to ONEIL, where individuals unite to make product support information better. Here, you’ll do more than join a team – you’ll add value to our customers’ most valuable products and turn user experience into a human experience.
We bring amazing people together to make product support solutions easier to use, reimagining the way humans interact with information, technology, and software. We are a diverse group of thinkers and doers, continuously striving to improve how product information is created, documented, and used.
This drive is what keeps us up at night. And if it sounds like your calling, then call us. Tell us why we need you. Better yet, help us help others.
Join ONEIL where the employee experience is as innovative as the customers and products we support. For every solution we deliver, we consider the impact on the customer, the end-user, and our legacy. As the premier provider of product support solutions, our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain.
And we won’t stop until we’re the most trusted resource for product support solutions to equipment manufacturers.
Love solving complex data problems, developing reusable XSL code with XSLT and XSL-FO, and contributing to enterprise solutions and SaaS platforms? Enjoy transforming data into simple to understand and useful information? Benefit from a collaborative, team-oriented environment of like-minded professionals?
Then we have the job for you!
At ONEIL we’re building innovative, new product support experiences for public and private sector users. We leverage cutting-edge desktop and web user interface technology to deliver products that are engaging and intuitive for users. Agile and Scrum methodologies help us deliver feature-rich, high-quality software quickly, and we act on customer feedback to make our software even better. To ensure accurate, efficient, secure, and consistent deployments, we manage and deliver our products by leveraging an automated CI/CD release pipeline in Azure DevOps. We make great software to efficiently create and deliver exceptionally useful product support content to desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Develop and maintain modular reusable XSL code (XSLT and XSL-FO) to support published output and/or transformation of XML data based on requirements.
- Analyze and document structural/publishing requirements based on industry/customer specifications and source data.
- Analyze, create, or modify Document Type Definitions (DTDs) and/or schemas to support structural data requirements.
- Create data mappings to help development team in automated conversion of data from one format/schema to another output.
- Professional experience with CSS and HTML when processing XML for content display.
- Hands-on experience with XML parsing and data conversion.
- Professional software development experience including at least 3 years building applications on the .NET platform a plus.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working with at least one markup language (XML, HTML, or SGML) is required.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle practices is required.
- Experience with C# .NET and\or Perl utilizing XML processing libraries.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, and SQL.
- Experience with Git (or other version control systems) and Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Experience working with XML-structured editing/publishing tools like Arbortext, Framemaker Structured, or other content management systems is required.
- Experience and/or familiarity with implementation/development/utilization of military/aviation/commercial specifications or business rules (S1000D, ATA iSpec, MIL-STD 40051, 3008A, or similar standard) is preferred.
- A firm grasp of software design patterns and development methodologies like Agile and Scrum.
- Driven to produce the highest quality software through self-discipline, engaged communication, and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for solving real-world business problems with technology as an enabler.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, is great to have. However, if you are smart, passionate about providing an exceptional user experience and committed to delivering quality solutions, that’s ultimately most important to us.
- Responsible for application design, construction, unit testing, and deployment of enterprise products and associated features and services,
- Architect and design to support minor code refactoring and help with major product architecture overhauls.
- Work product stakeholders, systems analysts and testing teams to translate business requirements into product features that serve the end-users.
- Translate and elicit business requirements to create a logical data model that is suitable for physical data modeling.
- Architect and design data solutions with an emphasis in system and feature configuration.
- Architect and design data solutions for integration with other enterprise applications.
- Help define strategy and technical approach for meeting product performance, reliability, usability, scalability, and security goals.
- Mentor junior engineers throughout development lifecycle.
- Actively participate in our technical and process steering committees to drive continual improvement across all development lifecycle areas.
- Work effectively with business, systems analysis, software quality, and technical staff.
- Work at the direction of team lead.
- Support and troubleshoot application issues to complete resolution.
- Perform any other job-related instructions, as requested, with reasonable accommodation.
- Travel by air or vehicle as required.