Desktop Publishing Specialist
Do you have a flare for desktop publishing or have a natural talent for organizing complex information in a clear and logical way? Interested in using creativity to help drive innovation in the workplace and make information easier to process?
We have the job for you!
- $32,000-$46,000 per year
- Working onsite or hybrid schedule
- Complete benefit package
- Flexible hours/Build your own schedule
- 8-hour workday
- 1st shift
The Desktop Publishing Specialist creates, modifies, and formats medium to complex technical publication documents for DoD, Aerospace, and Commercial industries. This role also performs data transformation from one format to another. This position utilizes a variety of desktop publishing applications and markup language (XML/SGML/HTML) editing tools to produce output based on customer specifications.
- Technical certification or Associate degree in Desktop Publishing, Information Systems, English, Art/Design, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Two to three (2-3) years of experience or specialized training in desktop publishing, markup languages (XML/SGML/HTML), proofreading, or art/design
- Knowledge or familiarity with different textual and graphic file types
- Intermediate level of proficiency with a variety of electronic desktop publishing and editing systems (Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, PTC Arbortext, or other Microsoft, PTC, Adobe or similar products)
- Experience creating medium to complex electronic documents and templates according to internal or external customer specifications
- Previous coding experience with XML or SGML to be able to create and apply tagging principals
- Experience with data transformation or conversion of various data formats (e.g., Text to MSWord or other format, PDF to MSWord, MSWord to XML, FrameMaker to XML, SGML/XML to XML)
- Able to perform effective file maintenance and file management, including saving, naming, backing up, deleting, and archiving documents according to established policies and procedures
- Capable of working independently or in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, and have good time management skills
- Experience and/or familiarity with implementation/utilization of military/aviation/commercial specifications such as S1000D, ATA iSpec, MIL-STD 40051, -38784, -38807, etc. considered a plus
ONEIL has been the most trusted resource for product support solutions to valuable equipment manufacturers for 75 years. Our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain. From submarines to aircraft and construction equipment to satellite communications, we‘ve documented it all. ONEIL serves customers around the world, including some of the biggest names in manufacturing, aerospace, and defense.