Business Development Representative – Technology
We bring amazing people together to make product support solutions easier to use, re imagining the way humans interact with information, technology, and software. We are a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continuously striving to improve how product information is created, documented, and used.
This drive is what keeps us up at night. And if it sounds like your calling, then call us. Talk to us. Tell us why we need you. Better yet, help us help others.
Join our company where the employee experience is as innovative as the customers and products we support. For every solution we deliver, we consider the impact on the customer, the end user, and our legacy. As the premier provider of product support solutions, our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain.
And we will not stop until we are the most trusted resource for product support solutions to valuable equipment manufacturers.
Find your calling on our Technology Support Team:
Technology Sales Executive – Software Solutions
Discover even more of what you love to do. The perfect candidate will support sales, marketing, and technology teams to inspire and nurture prospective clients. Your goal will be to focus on generating revenue by developing relationships and communicating the value of ONEIL information technology products and solutions. Identify new opportunities and drive sales growth of the company’s technology solutions to ensure our business and personal goals are met. An emphasis will be placed on new customer development, while also maintaining existing customers relationships, opportunities and supporting current professional services business development efforts with technology solutions as an addition, enhancement, or replacement of existing solutions.
We look for the exceptional. That is why this position calls for someone who excels at building relationships, listening, storytelling, and someone with just enough tech-savviness to start a good conversation.
· Build a revenue pipeline of potential sales to ensure sales goals are met.
- Participate in research to identify potential clients and sales prospects.
· Follow up on new leads and referrals for services; identify sales prospects and initiate contact with potential customers.
- Responsible for outside business-to-business sales in assigned industry to existing and new clients.
· Establish and maintain current and potential client relationships through regular communication to ensure customer satisfaction and effectively move opportunities to closure.
- Effectively perform a clients’ needs analysis and discovery session aimed at better understanding where ONEIL adds value for each client opportunity.
· Act as a liaison between internal personnel and customer’s representatives.
- Gain a proficient understanding of ONEIL technology, software, and solution offerings
- Collaborate with management and technology personnel to prepare bids, presentations, demos, pricing strategies, strategic plans, and product enhancements.
· Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint.
· Prepare sales presentations, proposals and sales contracts that lead to sales.
- Collaborate with marketing department regarding campaigns and market intelligence.
· Monitor competitor’s products, sales, and marketing activities.
· Document daily sales activities within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and prepare activity, sales, and status reports for new and existing client business as required and directed by management.
· Participate in marketing events, seminars, trade shows, industry forums, and conferences.
· May train and act as a mentor to other sales representatives.
· Perform any other job-related instructions, as requested, with reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the customer has a positive experience.
- Support the ONEIL brand by being a good steward and brand ambassador inside and outside of the company.
- Prior experience selling professional services is helpful. A great attitude is a must.
This position requires a minimum (5-7) years of proven outside sales experience in premise-based software application sales, SaaS technology sales, or intangible solution selling where customer needs and applications must align with their business and technology requirements.
We want you to be successful. The “right” sales/business executive will have proven skills and experience selling in a solution-based environment with diverse decision makers, including top management, ownership, engineering, and C-level executives. With proper performance, this role has potential of $100,000 plus compensation.
For more than 70 years, ONEIL has been the recognized expert in advanced solutions for product documentation management solutions that create meaningful business advantage in the DoD, Aerospace, and Commercial industries. Our technical manual development, illustration, multimedia services, targeted software, and cataloging solutions are supported by a highly knowledgeable and skilled team of industry experts providing innovative solutions to meet our customer needs and expectations with the highest commitment to quality. Learn more at www.oneil.com.
Benefits & Compensation – ONEIL offers a highly competitive base compensation plus performance-based incentive model, and medical benefits / retirement programs.
We offer a complete benefits package including medical and dental insurance plans, paid time off (PTO), short & long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock ownership program, and an on-site workout facility.
ONEIL is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam Era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- technology / software sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- overall sales: 7 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible