Application Engineer III – Application Engineer IV (Senior .NET Developer)
Love coding on the .NET Platform? Enjoy solving complex business problems? Benefit from a collaborative, team-oriented environment of likeminded professionals?
Then we have the job for you!
At O’Neil & Associates we are building innovative, new product support experiences for our public and private sector clients. We leverage cutting-edge desktop and Web user interface technology to deliver products that are engaging and intuitive for our users. We use the best of Agile and Scrum methodologies to deliver feature rich, high-quality software quickly, and we act on customer feedback to make it even better. Our products are managed and delivered leveraging an automated CI/CD release pipeline in Azure DevOps to ensure accurate, efficient, secure, and consistent deployments. We make great software to efficiently create and deliver exceptionally useful product support content to the desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Professional software development experience including at least 5 years building applications on the .NET platform
- Strong knowledge of Entity Framework, ADO.NET, and AngularJS/Angular
- Experience developing and deploying iOS/Android applications either natively or with frameworks such as Xamarin
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, and SQL
- Experience with Git (or other DVCS) and Azure DevOps is a plus
- A firm grasp of software design patterns and development methodologies like Agile and Scrum
- Driven to produce software of the highest quality through self-discipline, engaged communication, and attention to detail
- Aptitude for solving real-world business problems with technology as an enabler
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, is great to have. However, if you are smart, passionate about providing an exceptional user experience and committed to delivering quality solutions, that is ultimately most important to us.
- Responsible for application design, construction, unit testing and deployment of enterprise products and associated features and services
- Architect and design to support minor code refactoring as well as assist with major overhauls of product architecture
- Work in conjunction with Product Stakeholders, Systems Analysts and Testing Teams to effectively translate business requirements into product features that serve the end users
- Translate and elicit business requirements to create a logical data model that is suitable for physical data modeling
- Architect and design web-based applications with an emphasis in system and feature configuration
- Architect and design web-based applications for integration with other enterprise applications
- Help define strategy and technical approach for meeting product performance, reliability, usability, scalability and security goals
- Act as a mentor for junior Application Engineers throughout development life cycle
- Actively participate in our technical and process steering committees to drive continual improvement across all areas of the development lifecycle
- Work effectively with business, systems analysis, software quality and technical staff
- Directed by Software Development Manager or Team lead
- As required, support and troubleshoot application issues to complete resolution
- Perform any other job-related instructions, as requested with reasonable accommodation
- Travel by air or vehicle as required
WORKING AT ONEIL
ONEIL is a full-service technology and content development firm with a long history of innovation and growth. We are passionate about finding new ways to help our customers achieve product support experiences worthy of their customers. To do this we employ the best people we can find and provide them with an environment where their creativity, passion, and talent can shine through. We’re committed to ensuring everyone shares in the benefits of our success. So much so, that we are a 100% employee-owned company. Don’t worry we saved some shares for you!