Application Engineer II
An open invitation to anyone who values the human experience.
Looking for your next chapter or the start of an extraordinary journey? Come to ONEIL, where individuals unite to make product support information better. Here, you’ll do more than join a team – you’ll add value to our customers’ most valuable products and turn user experience into a human experience.
We bring amazing people together to make product support solutions easier to use, reimagining the way humans interact with information, technology, and software. We are a diverse group of thinkers and doers, continuously striving to improve how product information is created, documented, and used.
This drive is what keeps us up at night. And if it sounds like your calling, then call us. Tell us why we need you. Better yet, help us help others.
Join ONEIL where the employee experience is as innovative as the customers and products we support. For every solution we deliver, we consider the impact on the customer, the end-user, and our legacy. As the premier provider of product support solutions, our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain.
And we won’t stop until we’re the most trusted resource for product support solutions to equipment manufacturers.
If you love coding on the .NET Platform, enjoy solving complex business problems, and benefit from a collaborative, team-oriented environment, then we have the position for you.
At ONEIL we’re building innovative, new product support experiences for public and private sector users. We leverage cutting-edge desktop and web user interface technology to deliver products that are engaging and intuitive for users. Agile and scrum methodologies help us deliver feature-rich, high-quality software quickly, and we act on customer feedback to make our software even better. To ensure accurate, efficient, secure, and consistent deployments, we manage and deliver our products by leveraging an automated CI/CD release pipeline in Azure DevOps. We make great software to efficiently create and deliver exceptionally useful product support content to desktop, mobile, and web platforms.
- Professional software development experience including at least 2-3 years building applications on the .NET platform.
- Strong knowledge of Entity Framework, ADO.NET, and AngularJS/Angular.
- When needed, possess a willingness to provide support to applications developed in other technologies such as ColdFusion or Perl.
- Experience developing and deploying iOS/Android applications either natively or with frameworks such as Xamarin.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, and SQL.
- Experience with Git (or other distributed version control system) and Azure DevOps is a plus.
- A firm grasp of software design patterns and development methodologies like Agile and Scrum.
- Driven to produce the highest quality software – through self-discipline, engaged communication, and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for solving real-world business problems with technology as an enabler.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, is great to have. However, if you are smart, passionate about providing an exceptional user experience, and committed to delivering quality solutions, that’s ultimately most important to us.
- Responsible for application design, construction, unit testing and deployment of enterprise products and associated features and services.
- Architect and design to support minor code refactoring and help with major product architecture overhauls.
- Work in with product stakeholders, systems analysts, and testing teams to translate business requirements into product features that serve the end-users.
- Translate and elicit business requirements to create a logical data model that is suitable for physical data modeling.
- Architect and design web-based applications with an emphasis in system and feature configuration.
- Architect and design web-based applications for integration with other enterprise applications.
- Help define strategy and technical approach for meeting product performance, reliability, usability, scalability, and security goals.
- Mentor junior Application Engineers throughout development life cycle.
- Participate in our technical and process steering committees to drive continual improvement across all development lifecycle areas.
- Work effectively with business, systems analysis, software quality, and technical staff.
- Work at the direction of software development manager or team lead.
- Support and troubleshoot application issues to complete resolution.
- Perform any other job-related instructions, as requested with reasonable accommodation.
- Travel by air or vehicle as required.