Accounting & Payroll Specialist
Do you like to show off how organized you are? Would you take pride in playing a key accounting role that include keeping service employees paid timely and accurately and customers billed accurately & paying timely? Do you enjoy contributing to a laid-back team that has important responsibilities?
We have the job for you!
- $24-29/hour, depending on experience
- 401(k) eligibility, with employer match
- Employee ownership retirement benefit; be amongst our 100% employee-owned business
- Clean, quiet office in Miamisburg, OH convenient to I-75 and I-675
- Supportive of hybrid schedule working from home 1 day a week
- Pet friendly on Fridays
- Free coffee/soda and fitness center on site
- Business casual dress
The Accounting & Payroll Specialist (Accountant) is primarily responsible for collecting, analyzing and storing financial information related to payroll processing and customer project billings. Will accurately complete payroll processing by reviewing and analyzing submitted timesheets, benefits files, pay change requests, address changes, court orders and garnishments for bi-weekly payroll processing. Will remit and reconcile all payroll related withholdings and tax obligations. The Accountant also emails and electronically submits commercial and government project billings and records the electronic and check receipts related to receivables. The Accountant should be effective at reconciling benefit vendor invoices against payroll records, reconciling financial activity and proactively pursuing resolutions, corrections, and the collection of receivables.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Education (GED) is required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field is preferred
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) years of payroll processing experience, including exempt and non-exempt payroll; timekeeping experience is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of job costing experience, including labor/billing, and posting hours worked to the appropriate job number is required
- Intermediate proficiency level with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Teams, and Excel is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency level with an ERP accounting system and payroll processing software is required; working knowledge of Sage 100 payroll processing (or similar accounting & payroll software) and HRMS software or related software packages is preferred
- Ability to key data accurately and expeditiously is key for this position
- Possess an ability to calculate basic math
- Ability to analyze information
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledgeable in field to skillfully perform assigned tasks
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skill at performing job responsibilities
- Ability to be self-directed, resourceful and demonstrate creativity to meet job objectives and propose innovative ideas
- Ability to be cost-effective in completing assigned tasks accurately and within established guidelines and timeframes/schedules
- Ability to follow established company policies and procedures and customer guidelines
- Ability to complete assignments on time, which may require overtime to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow-through on assignments and maintain a high level of integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external personnel according to company guidelines; communicate project status to internal and external personnel
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently to fulfill job responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
ONEIL has been the most trusted resource for product support solutions to valuable equipment manufacturers for 75 years. Our mission is to make equipment safer to use, faster to repair, and easier to maintain. From submarines to aircraft and construction equipment to satellite communications, we‘ve documented it all. ONEIL serves customers around the world, including some of the biggest names in manufacturing, aerospace, and defense.
Individual must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. O’Neil & Associates, Inc. offers a complete benefits package including medical and dental insurance plans, paid time off (PTO), short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) retirement plan, and employee stock ownership program.
O’Neil & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, Vietnam Era or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.